Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day One

Monday! Working On Monday for me is like telling an African Pig to take a shower, yes I hate having to get out of bed knowing that am heading off to work after a weekend of non-work activity. But It being the first day of my Internship, I reluctantly dragged myself out of the bed and prepped for the first gathering.

I did not really dress to impress and even intentionally left part of my hair uncombed just to send a message. "I am me and don't concentrate much on appearance" Thankfully in this new world, you can have your hair in any colour, shape, length and size so my message might have not reached home and I had to pay for putting on a T-shirt because the chill really got me good. It was kinda needless to go this way so am reverting to just being normal.

The first day was a total bore, it was slightly beyond my expectation and I fought hard to stay awake most of the time. I must add I thought of quitting at this point and heading back to my chill but with some slight encouragement from the coordinator and thoughts of the past 3 months of lounging, am staying in to discover the thrill and adventure promised. After all, who am I to judge a book by it's cover.

I did get very exhausted, probably because I've been out of action for a while now is the only explanation I can come up with for the sleep I had when I got back home (5-5) personal record.
Today Tuesday is Veterans day -God sent. I could do with the holiday and finally watch the movies I've been dying to -Quatam of solace and Madagascar 2 not yet in cinema here but I can't wait any longer and a friend from else where has just uploaded them to some secure server. Sorry I can't share the url, but hopefully I can give the kabozi.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

2 pairs of socks so far today...

Unknown said...

To what matters:

some secure server: there must be a Ugandan who knows it by now...and I do not mean you.

Your african pig thing got me laughing.

How can you be dosing off when you're actually doing something? Eh? What do you guys really do Emi's? Eh...tulabule early enough.

This was a good post tho.

Nice Veteran's day; too bad those things do not exist in Uganda.

the antipop said...

first days do tend to be boring like that. in my case, i have had a whole weak of boring! enjoy madagascar. hopefully it meaures up to the first

Anonymous said...

Auntie Gundi, a whole weak?

@Emi, no way I can watch QoS off a server. I need the real life fireworks.

Happy Veterans' day.

Anonymous said...

sprezzatura

Petite Femme said...

I'm dating Quantum of Solace this weekend!!!

I hope I enjoy.

Princess said...

Those movies were in cinemas last week, Emi! Where you been? LOL

Ugandan girl said...

lol..my first week at work i dozed for a good 10 mins and no one notice apart from me ofcourse...so Emi i feel you pain..
I thot you guys in the states got movies before we did..James bond and Madagascar have been in cinema's like for ever...

Emi's said...

Nev, you did wake up to get socks.

Uggirl & princess, QOS has not yet hit the US cinema probably because bond is a British spy, It hit UK's in Oct and Madagascar last week..and it's better than the 1st one.

Antipop, I totally understand a post you had on a first week

S.K, Thanks. Am sure you'll get it

Cheri, you'll most certainly enjoy that date, it has some love.

Robyn.K.Y said...

huh,,well Quatum is great,,i wont share till you watch ,,hope youll love it.Hey "FCUK WORK".Hope you r good

Anonymous said...

wow,you too...I hate Mondays. Once that day is over it seems the rest of the week just flows.


How are you?

Anonymous said...

African pig i have died

Anonymous said...

why african pig? maybe asian...
@king: u cd catch QOS in a kibanda and it'd still rock..i think

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

monday haters get together...my apartment next monday, so we can boycott our responsibilities, sit on the couch and HATE!!

Mimi said...

I want to help post for you your secrets that you might not want to appear on your blog you will be annon just send me an email

lulu said...

aww, i usualy give myself a day off on monday when i dont have morning news and just lie in bed, like nothing matters...

Anonymous said...

Robyn & Kin'shar am good nxs.

African pigs love playing in the mud and don't want to be cleaned up afterward, The Asian ones m/w like water.

S.b Tht's not a bad Idea, lemme first pretend am good such that i get into the good book

lulu, lucky you. Wish I was in such a place

Mimi, we shall talk more